Orlando-preferred OR Remote
Android App Developer
The Application Developers will be responsible for the development and implementation of innovative customer-facing mobile applications for Android devices. Orlando-preferred OR Remote
- Develop and implement mobile application solutions for Android mobile devices
- Participates and contributes to all phases in building new digital products, including programming, defect correction, unit testing, code review and deployment planning
- Work in an agile development environment (Scrum/Paired programming)
- Production monitoring and support as needed
- Provides expertise on mobile current standards and cutting edge technologies and frameworks.
- Partners closely with non-technical staff to define user requirements.
- Provides estimates for the work plan.
- Assists in producing and executes on well-documented technical designs.
- Advises on best practices for mobile UI design for the Google platform.
- 5+ years of hands-on mobile application development experience for Android phones/tablets.
- Experience with enterprise level, high-availability mobile application development required.
- Proficiency in Android Studio required
- Experience with responsive web design highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Up to date on Google development standards
- Working knowledge of profile provisioning and key management (such as push notifications, mapping etc.)
- Strong knowledge of phone features such as accelerometer, camera, GPS and experience integrating with these functions.
- Strong understanding for testing methodologies such as functional, SOA and performance testing.