We are a growing digital transformation agency looking for a strategic thinker with direct marketing campaign and marketing automation experience who can guide our clients in shaping and executing their marketing campaigns across channels to best serve overall business goals.
This Marketing Strategist will report to the VP who heads the Strategy Discipline and will partner with clients and project team members to help clients articulate business goals, define compelling marketing strategies and tactics to achieve those goals, define target audiences and related treatment across touchpoints, guide creative design and production to deliver that treatment, set testing strategies, set metrics, monitor performance, and effectively interpret results, and recommend adjustments.
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Creative marketing-minded thinking
- Strong Collaboration Skills – collaborating with team and client to create marketing programs
- Executive Presence – ability to interface with and communicate with client executives about strategies and status and recommendations
- Project Management – ability to interface with clients to create plans and put plans in place. Experience with managing projects autonomously including deliverable tracking and status reporting.
- Marketing/Campaign Management – guiding clients in setting marketing strategies and plans to align with business goals, defining suitable tactics across marketing channels/touchpoints, defining target audiences, overseeing creative design and production and testing, monitoring in-market campaigns, reporting and recommending and implementing adjustments
- Research & Testing Methods – familiar with a test & learn approach with experience doing in-person research, concept testing in person or online, A/B and multivariate testing in-market testing
- Marketing Data Analytics Skills - downloading, reviewing, interpreting, and sharing analytic data from various touchpoints (web, email, apps, social, print, etc.) – using current tools
- Customer Relationship Management – understanding the principles of managing and cultivating customer relationships and setting marketing strategies to support customer-centric marketing and drive desired customer behaviors
- Segmentation/Personalization – understanding segmentation strategies, defining segments and setting personalized treatment per segment to drive desired customer behaviors
- SEO, SEM - Understanding of SEM and SEO, including content tagging and copywriting strategies
- Marketing Automation Tools – understanding of different tools - including marketing platforms and specific tools used across current touchpoints - to define, launch, manage, and evaluate marketing tactics in place
- Touchpoint-Specific Insights – understanding nuances, current strategies, and how to overcome current hurdles in marketing as policies and marketing automation tools evolve for websites, email, social, apps, print, etc.
The main responsibilities for this role are to collaborate with clients to define and shepherd effective execution of marketing plans, strategies, and tactics that leverage the complex array of today touchpoints – emails, web, apps, social and print (as applicable) – providing guidance to client and company team members supporting the marketing tactics.
This candidate may work on one or multiple clients at a time depending on workload.
- Adept at Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, and Word and Google versions of these
- Familiar with collaboration tools such as Google Drive, Confluence, Jira
- Analytics tools such as Google Analytic and Core metrics
- Marketing automation platforms/touchpoint management tools such as Adobe Experience Manager, Salesforce, Exact Target, Hootsuite
Ideally this candidate has experience in some or all of the following industries/marketplaces:
- Kids industry, marketing to kids, marketing to girls
- Consumer products
- Travel and hospitality
- Media and entertainment
- Financial services